"Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain."
~Unknown

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Sweet Seventeen!

Wow!  It's hard to believe I'm 17 already.  To be honest it doesn't feel any different than 16 and 15 did :)
So, Monday was my birthday, and I spent most of it doing school and being stuck upstairs while my cake was being made.  It ended up being a great day though.  My grandparents and cousins all popped in and stayed for some of the evening to celebrate with me.

Sorry I don't have a good picture of my cake, but it was really pretty ;)
To start off the morning, though, I turned on the radio to hear my name on the birthday list.  To my great surprise and delight, i was announced as the birthday gift card winner!

MY REACTION:

I let out a really loud squeal and raced down the stairs shouting the whole way.  Lucky no one was still sleeping cause they wouldn't be after I was done ;)

But anyway, here's some birthday pics:

 Don't you just love when trick candles are put on your cake???  They dont blow out!

Confetti cake with oreo filling...Mmmmm!  But sickening.  My peice was a little too big ;)


8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Brianna. May the Lord bless you as you continue to seek Him!

    His Princess,
    Bekah

    P.S. Your cake is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the sweet message!
      And I have to agree about the cake (smile). My mom made it for me ;)

      Delete
  2. Seventeen already...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy (late) 17th Birthday!! It looks like you had a good day. That's awesome about the radio gift card. I also love how the cake looks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! My sister just turned 17 on Tuesday.
    Well, Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Her birthday is really close to mine! ;)

      Delete

Hi everyone!
Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you all!
Please remember to keep your comments God-honoring ;)
~Brianna