"Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain."
~Unknown

Monday, October 7, 2013

Steam-O-Rama!!! Eeeep!!!!

I had soooo much fun at the Steam-O-Rama on Saturday!!!  A few friends from church took my sister and I and we spent the day there.  I haven't been there in 10 years so everything was totally new to me.  I only got sorta lost once though... more like I got separated from my people when i took off to see a helicopter land ;) They left to get lunch without me.  Hehe!  I was more concerned with seeing that helicopter land really close to me. (Something I've never seen before).  But thankfully I found Ben and Caleb who were wandering around the tractors, so I didn't feel so alone in the world.  
  And the tractor square dancing!  Oh my goodness!  That's basically the whole reason I went and I loved it! There were even old guys dressed up like girls for the dance.  It was really weird looking, but it added to the hickishness of it :D

So anyway, I had a great time (besides getting sunburned) and I got to catch up with some old friends.  I can't wait until next year!

 The view from the top of the hill...look at all those trucks!  I'm so jealous!


 A "couple" tractor square dancing.  The person on the pink tractor was actually a lady.  The rest are dressed up.

This tractor was referred to as the "Cutie with a parasol"




Here's a video of the tractor square dancing.  I had another, but it won't upload

 Horse pulls
 Watching the horse pulls
 I found a spam man in the flea market (I don't like spam, but I thought he was cute!)

The parade at the end of my time there.  I didn't get to see most of it, but I did have to sit through the steam engines.  No one informed me that the whistle as they're passing.  I nearly died of a heart attack.

2 comments:

Hi everyone!
Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you all!
Please remember to keep your comments God-honoring ;)
~Brianna