"Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain."
~Unknown

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Dear One Direction Fans

Hey everyone!
I just recieved this email from the Lies Young Women Believe blog and I found it to be very true.  Terrible as it may seem, its true.  I personally don't care a hoot about One Direction, but I think its worth reading anyway.


Dear One Direction

 Dear One Direction Fan,
I get how Liam, Niall, Harry, Zayn, and Louis melt your heart. I do. They're sexy, they're funny, and they've been coached by the very best to know just how to tug at your heartstrings.
They're your life. You feel like they complete you. Like they're perfect. Like they love you even though they've never met you.
I don't know how to break this to you gently, but . . . it's all one beautifully packaged lie.
The truth is, they don't know you. They probably don't even care about you—other than to be grateful in a vague sense that as one of their millions of fans you give them the attention and acceptance they crave.
See, ultimately, they're no different than you. They, too, have an emptiness—a wild, restless craving to be loved and accepted.
So they get up on stage after stage to sing songs someone else wrote that play to your insecurities and send your emotions soaring and your tears falling. And then they walk off the stage and probably never think about you twice . . . or at least not in a way that's in your best interest.
It's not that I take pleasure in deflating your world. It's just that I know One Direction won't always be there for you. Like every other band in history, they will be replaced. Like every other human in history, they will die.
But through it all, their Creator and your Creator will live on. This God who sings songs over you and stores all your tears in a bottle.
This God who knows everything there is to know about you, including the number of hairs on your head.
This God who sent His Son to step onto the stage of time and perform for you on the cross because He knew you could never perform well enough to meet His perfect, holy standard.
This God who raised His Son to life again so in Him you, too, might experience new, crazy-free life.
That's what I want for you. That you'll turn from your idol and worship and serve your Creator rather than One Direction—so you can experience true joy. That you will personalize His promises the way you've personalized One Directions' lyrics. Promises no boy band could ever fulfill like:
"I will never leave you or forsake you."
"I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also."
His love is not a beautifully packaged lie. It is real. Real enough to bleed, to pursue, to wait, and to win your heart.

11 comments:

  1. That was very good and encouraging. I really like your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad it encouraged you! And thanks for the compliment. Do you have a blog that I can follw you at?

      Delete
  2. Hey girl!
    Happy birhtday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kylie??? You two anonymouses are really confusing me...

      Delete
    2. Your able to see who and when they were viewing your blog by the "traffic" aren't you?;)

      Delete
    3. Umm... I can't see exact people. And I can't tell who is commenting

      Delete
  3. Awwwww! How could they say such things about 1D?!?!?! JK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you'd better be kidding! I don't think there's any guy that really likes 1D

      Delete
    2. btw, thanks for commenting ;)

      Delete

Hi everyone!
Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you all!
Please remember to keep your comments God-honoring ;)
~Brianna