"Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain."
~Unknown

Thursday, January 2, 2014

FREEZE 2013

Hey everyone!
I'm back from camp after four days, hence the reason I haven't posted.
Anyway, a group of about 23 of us from my youth group drove up to Williamsport to Camp Susque for an extended weekend of great fun ;)  I absolutely love being at camp!  And its in the mountains so everything is just beautiful!
  Here's some pictures that were taken by the photographer, and I'll post the rest later once they are sent to me.

 Signing up for chores...everyone is required to sign up for a weekly chore, whether its setting tables, or cleaning up or filling the woodbox.
 Playing ice breaker games....ugh.  Actually, these weren't too bad.

 Cheif John...
 Worship time in Hemlock Hall...

 Trying to decode some Latin phrases that our speaker typed up for his lesson.  I had no clue, but they ended up being phrases like: 
without sin, but able to sin
sinful and not able to not sin
without sin and not able to sin

I can't remember the last one, but the speaker was referring to Adam and Eve with the "without sin, but able to sin" and he was referring to us when he said "sinful, but able not to sin" and to us after glorification as "without sin and not able to sin".

 Storytime before bed ;)
CANADIAN BEAVERS
So I guess I better explain this game.  So basically there are two teams lined up on two sides of the field.  When the leader yells "Canadian Beavers!" everyone must run and try to get to the other side without being picked up by someone on the other team.  On the flip side, you are supposed to be picking up people as well and carrying them with you to your side of the field.  Yea, so not as easy as it seems.  People fight.  Thankfully once your feet are off the ground, you are helpless and are carried like a sack of potatoes to the other team.  You then become one of them.

 I generally tried to avoid the pile-ups so I didn't get smashed.  This usually happened when trying to tackle a larger Cheif.
 I was successfully caught quite a few times...disadvantage of being small...
Hehe ;)

 Blob Tag....at one point the tow sides charged eachother...I'm not sure what happened after that....
 Family Groups.  When you arrive at Susque, a game is usually played to help everyone find their families.  All the kids are split up in no particular order and assigned a Cheif or a Miss as their "parent" for the four days of camp.  In your families you meet and discuss the speaker's lesson and just get to know eachother.  Your family group usually will do activities together pr play as a team for games.
 My family... ;)
 Ultimate Frisbee in the rain/snow/sleet....crazy, hu?
 All 103 campers...
Our speaker, Cheif Tom (bad picture) hehe!

 Playing Pictionary and competing as families.

Well, that's where my post will end for now.  I'm waiting on some pictures, so once they are sent to me I will post them.  This year at camp was German themed, so we had a German Dinner called Christkindl.  We ate some German foods like a sweet breat called Stollen and we had a hot drink called Gulhwein.  There was nothing alcholic in what we had though.  Bleck!  It was nasty!  Tasted like rotten grapes in my opinion ;)



Here's a sample of the schedule we followed for the time we were there: (except lights out was usually around 11:45 and I got up at 6am to get a shower, so I was wiped out)
8:30Breakfast
9:00Clean Up
9:15Games
10:00Speaker Session
11:00Family Groups
12:30Lunch
1:15Organized Free Time
4:00Family Feud
5:30Dinner
6:30Small Group Games
7:00Worship
8:00Coffee & Board Game Night (or Night Game)
10:30Devotions
11:15Lights out


Anyway,  it was a great year, and I loved camp so much...i really wanna go back!  Can't wait until next year!  

Happy 2014 by the way!



5 comments:

Hi everyone!
Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you all!
Please remember to keep your comments God-honoring ;)
~Brianna