"Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain."
~Unknown

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Softball Season!!!

So for the first time (in my knowledge) our church has decided to start up a softball team and play in the Dallastown League.  This past Thursday they had their first practice, and needless to say, they were...umm...awful ;)  I actually got a kick out of watching them cause they seemed to have no clue what to do.  Some of them have played on teams for other churches before, but warming up was a bit rough.  They have greatly improved though, thankfully ;)
    Anyway, here are a few pictures from the first practice.  I think videos would have captured it better, but I didn't think of it at the time so you'll just have to see pictures.


 "Say what...?  How do I hold this thing again?" (lol)
I think the best part of the evening was when my cousin came over to the park on a horse from the nieghboring farm and took me for a ride!  I haven't ridden in such a long time, so I was terrified.  And since we were riding in a corn field, I was envisioning being impaled by a cornstalk if I should happen to slip off (which I almost did once with a squeal ;)  But you must understand, there was no saddle to speak of, and two people on a horse isn't the most comfortable thing in the world.  But it was all worth it ;)
There were other "better" pictures, but I prefer not to show them since I am clinging like a desperate leech to that poor horse while my cousin was trying to get off, and my face is twisted into a most unattractive pose of fear and a great desire to live to see tomorrow ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone!
Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you all!
Please remember to keep your comments God-honoring ;)
~Brianna