"Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain."
~Unknown

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Catch-Up (Again)

Okay, so I decided I needed to do another catch-up post.  I have too many things that I want to post about, so I'll just put them all into one post (to save time) ;)

So first, the ice storm!  I know this is rather old, but I got some awesome pictures that i want to share.

 The poor trees looked like they were holding the world on their branches ;)

 I loved how everything was surrounded by ice, yet you could still see through it!
We didn't have too many disasters, but this was one of them (below)




Ahhh!  They're so gorgeous!  Okay, now I'm done my icy pictures ;)

On to the Valentine's Banquet that my church does every year:
This year we did a French theme, which was kinda ironic since there are three French exchange students at our church right now...it was very amusing to watch their facial expressions when we attempted pronouncing the French menus ;)  I'll bet they were laughing inside ;P

In the kitchen...

 Enjoying the meal... my apologies for the bad quality picture, but I figured at a romantic valentine dinner no one would like to be blinded by a flash.
 Mmm!  Yummy food!

 Our mimes ;)
 My friend Tate with his mustache.  A good many of the guys drew them on for the fun of it ;)

 A few of the couples competed in a game called "Starving Street Artists" in which the worst artist of the wo of them had 2min to draw a picture of their spouse.  It was quite amusing...;D  Above is our losers and below, the winners ;)
All in all it was a great night, but I still think I liked last year's 50's Sock Hop theme the best.

And the finale of my catch-up post:  A shopping day with my bestie!
Since I finally have my liscense my bf and I decided to make it a day at the mall.  We had so much fun shopping and dopping around in stores where we didn't buy anything...just tried on ugly clothing or things we weren't allowed to buy.  I believe I have satistfied forever my desire to try on a mini skirt.  I look horrible!
Anyway, here's a few pictures from our day out ;)

 "Trying out" the couches at Sears while eating gummy hearts ;)
 Okay, I did buy this.  I had to!  Its an OWL!!!!
It always amuses me that you can see yourself in the celiling of Boscov's, so we decided to get a picture ;) 
Love you, Bestie!!!

2 comments:

  1. The ice is beautiful! Too bad it causes so much inconvenience--we had ice like that on our trees a few years ago--so lovely, but it weighed down the power lines so much we were in the dark & cold for 3 days. Glad you had a great time at the Valentines dinner! The couples' artwork is interesting--very good idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! The ice is miserable when it destroys things, but its beautiful otherwise ;) This storm took our power out for a few days too...ugh. Not fun!

      Delete

Hi everyone!
Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you all!
Please remember to keep your comments God-honoring ;)
~Brianna